Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 4th from the east to west coast!



I know I'm a few days behind, but on Monday I realized that I have spent the past several 4th of Julys in some pretty cool places. This past weekend, Mark and I drove over to Atlanta for a Braves game and to spend the 4th with my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Dunwoody. Unfortunately, the fireworks were rained out and the Braves lost. Bummer. Nevertheless, we had a great time at both the game and the Brown's. We had our own fireworks show in the driveway on Sunday night, and the Braves game was a nail-biter despite the disappointing outcome.




July 4, 2010 was spent in one of my favorite places on the planet - Cape Cod. Unfortunately, I won't be going to the Cape this summer. HUGE bummer. But that's because I'm starting an awesome grad program with amazing people in a cool new city!!! (Woooo STL!) Still worth spending a few nostalgic moments reminiscing about the Cape.




Two years ago, I was living in San Francisco when the 4th rolled around, and the lovely Erin (Loofbourrow!) came to visit for the day from Mt. Hermon. We had a blast strolling around the city, doing a little shopping, and eating really yummy food. Then we took a bus to Treasure Island to watch the fireworks on the wharf. Treasure Island is a manmade island that is halfway between San Francisco and Oakland. Its tiny and deserted BUT offers an amazing view of the fireworks. Many times people viewing the fireworks from the wharf can't even see them because of the fog. But the island offers a view from the back side, completely fog-free! I sound like a regular San Franciscan. Except I am entirely too reserved and conservative. Oh well.




On July 4th, 2008 (last one i swear!), I was working as a camp counselor at Camp Waldemar. Unfortunately, this fourth was firework-lacking because there was a ban on all fireworks in that part of Texas due to drought conditions. However, that night was a blast because it was the last night of camp and I let all of my "good counselor duties" fly out the window. I let the girls put their mattresses on the floor and even use their cell phones (gasp!). How could a sleepover with eight 13 year old girls not be highly entertaining? And i had the BEST CABIN EVER.


Happy belated 4th of July to all! I wonder where July 4, 2012 will be spent...




0 comments:

Post a Comment