Recently I was chatting with Mark and I made the comment that I wished I could do nothing but travel during the month of July. I plan to move out of my house here in Tuscaloosa at the very end of June and I start orientation at WashU on August 1. What does that leave? July! So why not travel? Simple... Insufficient funds.
Although I can't afford to live as a nomad for an entire month, I will be able to take a few exciting trips this summer. And I am extremely thankful for that. I wouldn't necessarily say I caught the travel bug... I would say its more like a condition, because it never really goes away. I've always loved to travel and I've always had family and friends all over the country to visit. I hope my love for travel continues because its brought me some great experiences and awesome memories.
San Francisco, CA
En route to Martha's Vineyard (Falmouth, MA)

Winter Park, CO
Pasadena BABY!!! Roll tide.
Some awesome trips I will be taking NOW (aka this summer):
- Nashville to celebrate the marriage of Erin and Ross! (Leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!)
- St. Louis to find a place to call home and explore the restaurant scene for my boy
- Charleston, SC to visit my wonderful friend LT! (this is still in the works)
- Family vacation destination TBA: my family is still working out the details of our family vacation which will either be to Cape Cod, Massachusetts to visit family or some sort of outdoor trip involving rafting, canoeing, fishing, etc. - either would be AWESOME
Some awesome trips I will be taking LATER (my travel wish list):
- Denver to visit my dear friend Amy
- Northern California to see Erin & Ross's new home and visit old friends in San Fran
- Chicago... because i've never been and its a short 5 hour trip from STL
- Texas to catch up with camp friends and visit one of my best college friends, Michelle, in San Antonio
- Small town, Iowa to visit Sandi, an incredibly influential person in my life!
- St. George Island, FL - because once you visit SGI, you'll never wanna go to another beach
- Boston to spend some quality time with my beautiful cousin Ashley
- Other places I want to visit simply because I think they'd be cool: Portland OR, St. Augustine FL, Ann Arbor MI, Baltimore MD, the Outer Banks, and Austin TX.
So here's to traveling! Anyone up for a road trip?


1 comments:
"Small town, Iowa"... you should just say dot on the map! Austin Texas has my vote!! I love love love Austin!! And San Antonio!!
Post a Comment