I seriously could ramble forever about the 5 glorious days I spent in Nashville, but I will do my best to hit the highlights.
-Meeting Erin's friends... aka most important people in her life... was awesome. I had never before met two of the bridesmaids and one of the attendants. It was so fun to meet people from different aspects of her life. The 8 of us (6 bridesmaids + 2 attendants) were all so different but you could easily tell why we all became close friends of Erin's. And if i lived in the same town as any one of them, I have know doubt that we'd become fast friends too. Wonderful ladies!
-Ross's groomsmen were SO FUN! They were full of energy and absolutely hysterical. I really enjoyed forgetting about real life and simply laughing with them nonstop. After just a few hours with these guys, i felt like i had known them for years. Great guys!
-We (the ladies) ran into the best man and several groomsmen on Broadway during the bachelorette party (and concurrent bachelor party). Thankfully, Tyler had the good sense to discourage Erin's attempt to see Ross. Apparently, the boys party was raging by this point, and we were a little behind.
-The last stop on the bachelorette rendezvous was a place called Hollywood Disco. There were 7 people in our party... there were 7 people in Hollywood Disco (11 if you count the 3 bartenders and DJ). We literally kept the place open... for 2 hours. We danced on the light-up dance floor till our thighs burned so bad we could hardly walk. It was fabulous. Some tracks on our dance playlist... Moneymaker, Cupid Shuffle, Wanna Be (yes, by the Spice Girls).
-The rehearsal dinner was... i'm running out of adjectives for this week... inspiring. Besides a warm venue, good food, and great company, the toast portion of the evening was by far the best. The toasts when on for hours, but no one got bored or antsy because literally every toast was different. Every person had something wonderfully positive to say about either Erin or Ross plus a funny anecdote to throw in. I loved hearing what each and every friend and family member had to say about the couple.
-The wedding was what every wedding should be... a CELEBRATION. The ceremony was simple, elegant, uplifting, and happy. Lots of smiles and laughter, nothing froo-froo. Very 'Erin'. I realized that if a wedding ceremony ends up fitting the bride's personality, then the wedding came together just as the bride had pictured it. The reception is a bit of a blur, but was an absolute blast! Bridesmaids, groomsmen, college friends, childhood friends, extended family, bride's family, groom's family, even grandma and grandpa... were all on the dance floor. There were no slow songs. Just fast upbeat dance tunes that had everyone switching dance partners and throwing their hands up. It was one huge family of Erin+Ross celebrators. Literally, one of the best moments of my life thus far. I was having so much fun, I almost started crying.
I am so grateful to Erin and Ross for giving me the opportunity to share in their special day. I love them both so much! Nothing but love and happiness flowing all around. I wish those 5 days didn't have to end. Reunion anyone?

0 comments:
Post a Comment