Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One down, not enough to go.

So its been a ridiculously long time since my last post. The bad news is... i hate that because i really enjoy writing on this and wish i did it more consistently. The good news is... i haven't written much because i've been so busy having the time of life in grad school!!! Ok, super cheesy but really its true. I cant say that i am a huge fan of the going to class part but even then, class isnt THAT bad. So, quick recap of the past month - just hitting the highlights:

-> My group... Ideas'R'Us... is the bomb dot com. (See family photo below). We recently had a professor comment on our econ write-up that he would have given us a 6/5 if he could because our write-up was the best he read. SUPER TEAM!!! So, my team is great because we are doing pretty well on our assignments but also because i really enjoy working with them. Our personalities mesh well together and i've enjoyed getting to know them as friends outside of school also. Go Team 14!!!!!



->Extracurriculars are ramping up. As if school and social activities aren't enough, there are tons of awesome opportunities to join clubs or organizations at the b-school and never ending events to attend. I've already joined the National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA), the Ambassadors (student recruiting), the social committee, Olin Cares (community service) and Net Impact (nonprofit/CSR/sustainability career path). I also am chairing a committee for NAWMBA and will likely pursue a leadership with Olin Cares as well. Sooooo much to do and so little time! I literally want to do it all.

->I just made my first trip 'home'. Home in this case means Alabama. Its very strange to be living in a third place now (with Louisiana and Alabama being #1&2) because when i decide to take a trip home... am i referring to LA or AL?? Its very weird. I absolutely love my home town and miss my family and friends their terribly but my time in Alabama is much closer to me... so i went to Bama to attend my cousin's wedding. Congrats Abby and Chris!!! Got to see tons of friends and the progress that Tuscaloosa is making post tornado. The best part though was visiting Holy Spirit and the stampede of 12-16 yr old girls that greeted me at the gym doors. I miss my girls so much!!!!

->Finished my first MBA class yesterday. CRAZY! I feel like i just moved here and i've already completed one of my core classes. Submitted my Strategy final at about 3pm yesterday... what a rush clicking the submit button, and knowing i didn't have to wake up this morning for strategy class! As great as it feels to finish a class, it is a huge reality check that this experience is flying by and i want it to slow down!!! I know these two years will be gone in a blink of an eye and that this experience will be one of the most memorable of my life. Ok... done with the sappy stuff for now. Gotta get to econ.

I am vowing to myself to blog again before Christmas. Ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment