Some highlights (and a few lowlights) from the month of October:
- Oktoberfest in Soulard - wish i could say this was an awesome event but in reality i don't have a clue. I had an incredibly awesome day at Oktoberfest but i honestly parked myself on a hill in the beautiful fall weather and didn't move ALL DAY. It was a blast but i can't really speak to the actual event of Oktoberfest. I blame the good beer and awesome company.
- The Cardinals won the world series. This might be considered a highlight (the fact that i live in the city that is the home of the world series champs...sounds cool right?) if not for the fact that this team took the playoff slot that the Braves should have held had they not imploded in September. Nevertheless, i appreciate sports fan everywhere (except Auburn and LSU of course) and Busch Stadium is a pretty cool place.
- I successfully picked and carved a pumpkin for the first time since i was little kid. I must say that real pumpkins... the ones that come from the patch... have much less smooth insides that the made-for-carving ones you find at grocery stores. For all you cheaters with perfectly carved pumpkins, mine is authentic!!!
- My friend/"sister"/third parent, Sandi, came to visit me from Iowa! I had a blast spending the weekend with her and showing her a little of my life here in St. Louis. We also through a fantastic birthday bash for my roommate, Carly, that weekend in Forest Park. Ultra picnic style - complete with hotdogs, touch football, frisbees, and several pups.
- I went to Portland, OR. Yes as in the state of Oregon. Random you say? Nah. Ok maybe a little. I went for a career conference that focuses on social responsibility and sustainability... Portland clearly fits that description and served as a great host. Things to know about Portland: (1) it rains just as much as everyone says it will (2) its grungy and beautiful at the same time (3) they have the most ridiculous donuts in the world -> http://www.travelchannel.com/Video/tony-digs-doughnuts-in-portland-11740
So November, you've got big shoes to fill. October was pretty sweet.



0 comments:
Post a Comment